Wednesday

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Before the trip, probably the thing I was most worried about was not being able to play my instruments for three weeks. I don’t remember a time where I have gone even a few days without playing the piano or guitar so I did not know how I would handle three weeks without either. But then I heard about London’s street piano project. Presented for “Sing London” and the City of London Festival, 30 street pianos have been installed on streets, in public squares and parks, train stations, and markets. Like a creative blank canvas, the pianos are there for any member of the public to play and engage with. So, a big thank you goes out to Luke Jerram for creating this project. You helped me not go crazy.

To read more about the street pianos, check out
http://www.streetpianos.com/london2009/




Cheerio, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment